Lake Park Audubon
School District ISD 2889
Lake Park Audubon School District
Looking for a safe and fun place for your child this summer? Join us at Day Camp!
- A healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Weekly fun themes
- Engaging Activities
- Physical Activity and Games
- Reasonable Rates
Due to COVID-19 we have had to make significant changes to our program for the summer of 2020, most notably the suspension of Drop-In service. Please refer to the Day Camp Handbook for policy and scheduling information.
For more information contact Shanna Bach - email@example.com
June 22, 2020 School Board Agenda
The Lake Park Audubon Board of Education District 2889, will meet in regular session at 8:00 PM on
June 22, 2020, in the High School Theatre in Lake Park.
1. Call to order by Chairman Darrel Pederson, a roll call of attendance, and Pledge to the Flag.
2. Board Calendar Dates: Regular Meeting – July 27, 2020, in the High School Theatre in Lake Park @ 8:00 P
4. Recognition of visitors to board meeting: Lake Park Audubon Schools welcome you to the meeting of the LPA Board of Education. While this is a meeting of the Board to conduct the business of the School District, the Board is not statutorily compelled to hear comments, we also desire to provide an opportunity to hear from members of the public, including staff and students, on matters of interest. This portion of the agenda will be limited to a total of not more than 30 minutes unless otherwise determined by the Board. Individual speakers are asked to limit their comments to not more than 3 minutes. The Board requests that all comments be in keeping with, and contribute to, an atmosphere of civil, courteous, thoughtful, and respectful public discourse. Board members and administration will not respond to comments at the meeting. Appropriate responses will be provided at a later time or comments may lead to future board agenda items. Thank you for attending.
5. Action: Consideration of Agenda as presented and additions
6.1 Finance Committee – Mark Johnson, David O’Connell, Darrel Pederson
6.2 Policy & Personnel – Marge Beaudine, Skye Bjerke, Darrel Pederson
6.3 Negotiations Committee Meeting – Skye Bjerke, Becky Mitchell, Dave O’Connell
6.4 Growth & Long Term Planning Committee – Becky Mitchell
6.3 Principals – Mary Merchant & Craig Bahr
6.4 Superintendent – Paula Henry
7. Consent Agenda Items
7.1 Approve payment of ISD # 2889 bills, claims, and the District Financial Report.
7.2 Approve resignation of Brian Robertson from his position as Math Teaching Position/Head Football Coach at Lake Park Audubon High School effective June 1, 2020
7.3 Approve resignation of David Bakke from his position as a School Bus Driver at Lake Park Audubon School effective May 26, 2020
7.4 Approve resignation of Eric “Don” Qualley from his position as a School Bus Driver at Lake Park Audubon School effective June 15, 2020.
7.5 Approve resignation of Doug Anderson from his position as a School Bus Driver at Lake Park Audubon School effective June 1, 2020.
7.6 Approve resignation of Gerald Lunde from his position as a School Bus Driver at Lake Park Audubon School effective June 15, 2020.
7.7 Approve resignation of Daniel Thorson from his position as a Bus Mechanic at Lake Park Audubon School effective June 15, 2020.
7.8 Approve resignation of Brianna Blauert from her position as Language Arts Teacher at Lake Park Audubon High School effective May 29, 2020.
7.9 Approve resignation of Cheyanne Briard from her position as Special Education Paraprofessional from Lake Park Audubon School -Effective June 6, 2020.
7.10 Approve resignation of Ashley Bordwell from her position as Elementary Education Instructor (6-grade) from Lake Park Audubon School – effective June 17, 2020.
7.11 Approve resignation of Cole Wixo from his position as Industrial Tech and Social Studies Instructor from Lake Park Audubon High School – effective June 15, 2020.
7.12 Authorize the Superintendent and Finance Manager to pay year-end bills.
7.13 Approve Minutes of the May 18, 2020, Regular Monthly Board of Education meeting.
8. Unfinished Business: None
9. New Business: (Action/Discussion)
9.1 Approve FY-21 Preliminary Budge with a revenue projection of $1,780,451.00 and an expenditure projection of $1,781,500.00.(Action)
9.2 Approve 2020-2021 eCampus in the High School Memorandum of Agreement with Minnesota State Community and Technical College. (Action)
Comment: This agreement permits our students to enroll in online classes through M-State. The students earn both high school and college credit.
9.3 Approve FY 2021 Lakes Country Service Cooperative agreement. (Action)
9.4. Approve Dorothy Alexiuk - English Language Arts Instructor at Lake Park Audubon High School, Step 1, Lane 1 (Action)
9.5 Approve Mike Sacrison - Lead Custodian Position at Lake Park Audubon High School,Classification 4, Step 3 (Action)
9.6 Approve Julia Watchorn – Elementary Education Instructor at Lake Park Audubon Elementary School, Step 1, Lane 1 (Action)
9.7 Approve Rachel Green – Elementary Education Instructor at Lake Park Audubon Elementary School Step 1, Lane 1, (Action)
9.8 Approve Joe Conrad – English Language Arts Instructor at Lake Park Audubon High School, Step 1, Lane 1 (Action)
9.9 Approve Cody Stevenson – Physical Education / Health Instructor at Lake Park Audubon High School, Step 6, Lane 1 (Action)
9.10 Approve Lucas Potter – Computer Tech / Business Education Instructor at Lake Park Audubon High School, Step 5, Lane 1 (Action)
9.11 Approve Andrew Ecklund – Band / Music Instructor at Lake Park Audubon High School, Step 9, Lane 1 (Action)
9.12 Approve Elias Beachy – Head Football Coach at Lake Park Audubon High School, Step 1, Lane 1 (Action)
9.13 Approve Barry Nelson – 7th Grade Girls Basketball Coach at Lake Park Audubon High School, Step 5, Lane 1 (Action)
9.14 Approve Rachel Green – Assistant Volleyball Coach at Lake Park Audubon High School, Step 1, Lane 1 (Action)
9.15 Approve Lucas Potter – Assistant Football Coach at Lake Park Audubon High School, Step 3, Lane 1 (Action)
9.16 Cody Stevenson – Assistant Football Coach at Lake Park Audubon High School, Step 3, Lane 1 (Action)
9.17 Approve Simply Good Food, LLC, d/b/a NutriStudents K – 12 Subscription Agreement with Lake Park Audubon School District FY 2020-2021. (Action)
9.18 Approve the Acellus Renewal contract for FY 2020-2021- $8,125.00. (Action)
Comment: This is a renewal of an online system of classes for K-12. Acellus is utilized for credit recovery, personalized, and online learning at the high school. CARES funding will pay this fee during 2020-2021. Currently, only 61 students are enrolled however, the hope is to greatly expand participation for no additional cost.
9.19 Approve the FY 2020-2021 Activities Fees. (Action)
Comment: The fees remain the same except for the addition of the 25 dollars for theater and musicals, which would be included in the family max.
9.20 Approve the Food Service Prices. (Action)
Comment: These prices are lower than in 2019 and in line with surrounding districts.
9.21 Approve FY-20 membership in the Minnesota Rural Education Association (MREA) at an annual fee of $1,714.
Comment: This is an ongoing resource that is needed for our district and districts around the state.
9.22 Approve FY20 Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA) membership and Policy Services at an annual fee of $4,619.
Comment: This is an ongoing resource that is needed for our district and districts around the state.
9.23 Review a new Agenda and Background format for the School Board meetings (Discussion)
9.24 Approve the Summer Day Camp fees – Registration $65.00 / Monday – Friday full day - $22.00 per day, Part-time Day Rate (over 5 hours per day - $25.00) (Action)
Comment: The 65 dollar activity and the registration fee is in line with regional districts.
9.25 Approve Activities Director, Robert Kohler’s wage of $27.00 per hour plus retro pay at this wage starting with SY of – September 2019 – Current. (Action)
9.26 Approve the Designation of an Identified Official with Authority for Education Identity Access Management – Julie Wenschlag (Action)
9.27 Approve Certified EA Staff Negotiation settlement as presented. (Action)
9.28 Approve the Summer Day Camp workers list. (Action)
9.29 Approve to add Amanda Scanson to Lake Park Bank Accounts. (Action)
9.30 Approve a request for a 12-Month child care leave, in accordance with Section 6 of the Master Teachers Contract. (Action)
9.31 Close Meeting – To discuss Private Personnel Data / Negotiations / Property Inquiry (Action /Discussion)
9.31.1 Private Personnel Data (Action)
9.31.2 Negotiations (Discussion)
9.31.3 Property Inquiry (Discussion)
9.32 Open closed meeting. (Action)
Findings announced if the board takes any action on Employee Evaluation./ Negotiations / Property Inquiry.
9.33.1 Findings announced if the board takes any action on Employee Evaluation. (Action)
9.33.2 Findings Negotiations (Discussion)
9.33.3 Findings Property Inquiry (Action)
10. Discussion/Information items:
11. Visitors comments:
The Lake Park Audubon School District is looking for volunteers to support our students in various activities! If interested please contact Kathy Hamre at 218-325-0754 ex 1079.
If you are interested in donating to our Music Department, Art Department, Theater or other groups, donations can be sent to the Legacy Foundation at West Central Initiative.
Lake Park Audubon Schools is a public school district, registered with the Minnesota Department of Education with the number #2889. Our school is located in two communities, with our K-6 building located in Audubon, MN and our 7-12 building located in Lake Park, MN. The district is located approximately 35 minutes from the Fargo/Moorhead metro area, directly along Highway 10. Surrounded by a thriving agricultural community and beautiful lakes country, LPA is a fantastic place to learn.
The Lake Park Audubon Public Schools believe:
- That before any meaningful learning can take place, we must build relationships between students, staff, and the community.
- In providing challenging, engaging, and innovative programming for all students to prepare them for success in a changing world.
- In challenging growth in academics, personal development, and values/relationships all for the future success and well-being of all students.
- All students have value and deserve an opportunity to learn.
- Each student has the responsibility to actively participate in her/his learning and achievement.
- That educational excellence requires effective leadership and highly qualified staff applied with rigor, teamwork, and the responsible use of resources.
The Mission of the Lake Park Audubon Public Schools is to:
- Prepare students with the academic, social, and life skills to succeed in a changing world.
An innovative district of choice inspiring students to excel in school and in life.