Lake Park Audubon
School District ISD 2889
Lake Park Audubon School District
Message from Superintendent Dr. Paula Henry
As your new superintendent, I am committed to developing talents and inspiring service in young people.
The purpose of my message is to introduce myself and to tell you how excited I am to be a Raider. It has been my lifelong dream to make a difference in the lives of children. I am honored to serve as your superintendent representing a caring and committed school community. I am looking forward to getting to know you, and getting to know more about your hopes and dreams for our schools and our community.
My goals this year are:
- To build relationships with you
- To work together and build on your continuous strong culture, one that is safe, supportive, and collaborative
- To serve the District in implementation of the Strategic Plan, and together grow a strong vision for our future
During July and August, my plan is to survey and meet with the community and staff.
Here is what I hope to learn:
- What are you most proud of in the Raider community, and as a Raider?
- What do you want to strengthen?
- What is your vision for our community and future Raiders?
Thank you for choosing me to help lead this remarkable community. I welcome your support and involvement. It is my honor to work and live in Lake Park-Audubon, a place I now call home.
Have a beautiful summer. I look forward to building a strong partnership with you.
Superintendent for Lake Park Audubon Schools
Dr. Paula Henry is the superintendent for Lake Park Audubon School District. Dr. Henry comes to Lake Park Audubon Schools from West Fargo Schools where she held the position of principal for the last seven years. She began her educational career serving in St. Cloud Minnesota Public schools. She had been a teacher, coordinator, and administrator for St. Cloud Schools for 21 years before serving as a principal in West Fargo.
“I ‘m thrilled to be joining the Lake Park Audubon Team and have been so impressed with the warm welcome from the Board of Education, the staff, and community” said Dr. Henry. “The excellent opportunities provided to students in Lake Park Audubon are exceptional. Students have a wide range of academic and activity options from which to select. There is something to meet the interests of all students in the District.”
Dr. Henry grew up in St. Cloud Minnesota, attended St. Could State University where she majored in education. She also received her Master’s degree from SCSU in Curriculum and Instruction with a minor in Reading. Her degrees in administration (Principal and Superintendent) were obtained from Saint Mary’s University in Minneapolis and SCSU. Lastly Dr. Henry received her Doctorate in Educational Leadership from Saint Mary’s University, Minneapolis MN.
Why come to Lake Park Audubon? Henry loved coming to the area as a child and often spent time in Detroit Lakes. She played the drums in the marching band and came to the area during the summer to march in many parades as a young student.
Lake Park Audubon Schools is a public school district, registered with the Minnesota Department of Education with the number #2889. Our school is located in two communities, with our K-6 building located in Audubon, MN and our 7-12 building located in Lake Park, MN. The district is located approximately 35 minutes from the Fargo/Moorhead metro area, directly along Highway 10. Surrounded by a thriving agricultural community and beautiful lakes country, LPA is a fantastic place to learn.
The Lake Park Audubon Public Schools believe:
- That before any meaningful learning can take place, we must build relationships between students, staff, and the community.
- In providing challenging, engaging, and innovative programming for all students to prepare them for success in a changing world.
- In challenging growth in academics, personal development, and values/relationships all for the future success and well-being of all students.
- All students have value and deserve an opportunity to learn.
- Each student has the responsibility to actively participate in her/his learning and achievement.
- That educational excellence requires effective leadership and highly qualified staff applied with rigor, teamwork, and the responsible use of resources.
The Mission of the Lake Park Audubon Public Schools is to:
- Prepare students with the academic, social, and life skills to succeed in a changing world.
An innovative district of choice inspiring students to excel in school and in life.