News and Updates
Announcements: April 16, 2019
1. There will be a Girl's Basketball meeting Wednesday morning starting at 8:00 in Mr. Kirkwood's room for all 9th thru 11th graders that played last year and those looking to join next year.
2. NHS members that are able to shop for the Spring Family Giving Baskets will need to meet at 5 :30 pm at Wal-Mart on WEDNESDAY. It generally takes us about 1 to 1.5 hours to shop and deliver goods to the elementary building. CJH
3. 10th graders: Reading MCA's today. Check into first hour for attendance and lunch. Last names A - Le to Room 211. Last names Li - Z to the Media Center. 11th graders: Math MCA's on Wednesday, April 17th. Check into first hour for attendance and lunch. Last names A - Nelson to Media Center. Last names Nguyen - Z to Room 211
4. Juniors and Seniors: Sign-up's for prom are in the media center.
5. Varsity baseball players pick up a picture form for today’s pictures in the office. Junior High will get theirs at practice from Coach Hoskins.
6. NHS Members....slight modification to the Blood Drive sign-up....we need noon-hour sign-up workers starting for next week Tuesday. I also need volunteers to put the blood facts on the fruit snacks for promoting the blood drive. CJH
7. Girls Golf: Please pick up your Caulfield’s order forms in the counseling office for your pictures today after school.
8. The LPA Summer Recreation Program is seeking youth coaches for summer baseball and softball programs. Practices are 2 days per week in the morning and games are played 2 afternoons per week. The season runs June 3 - July 12. Applications are available from Kathy Hamre in the administrative office.
9. Hardware Hank in Lake Park is looking to fill two part-time positions. You will need the flexibility to work evenings and weekends. Accommodating to both school and sport schedules. Stop in and apply in person or email application or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. It is time to think Summer!!! Our PaY chapter is helping other PaY groups in taking donations for Kamp Kace. Kamp Kace is a free week long camp providing kids with cancer and their siblings some fun and time to feel like kids again. We will be taking donations of Beach Towels, Sunscreen, Bug Spray, Art Supplies, Hats, Sunglasses, and other camp related goods. Please drop off your donations in Mr. Kirkwood's room. The fundraising goes until Thursday April 18th.
11. The MN DOT (Dept. of Transportation) is hiring summer laborers at $15.65 for hours Monday - Friday. For more information and to apply go to: www..mn.gov/mmb/careers/
12. SJE Rhombus is hiring summer laborers for positions of assemblers through Kelly Services. If interested send an email to: 3458@KellyServices.com
13. Students who will turn 15 by December 31st and are interested in taking Driver's Ed class this summer may pick up a registration form in the office.
Foreign Exchange Student - Host Family Needed
Looking for a host family for a 17 year old boy from the Netherlands for the 2019-2020 school year. Please contact Kyle Haberman for more information.
LPA National Honor Society Hosts Spring Blood Drive
Spring is the season when life is renewed. One important way to help renew life is to give blood at our local blood drive on Wednesday, April 24th at the Lake Park Audubon High School Theatre from 8:00am until 2:30pm. Each blood donation can help multiple patients such as preemies, surgery patients and cancer patients. To register, you may call Cheryl Hogie at 218-325-0754 or email email@example.com.